Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've currently got a sparked interest in this and bin reading, downloading plans, watching other homemade units on youtube. I'm thinking this could be a very practical, and useful piece of POWER EQUIPMENT;)

Has anybody built one, bin around a working unit? Pointers? Other sites, links or info. The more, the marrier!

As much as I'd like to start fabricating right now. I'll have to wait till I get some other projects done first, wife's order:( So, since she shot me down, I guess I'm gonna do some MORE research, witch is probably a good thing. :rolleyes:

Here's one guy who seems to know is stuff.....victorygasworks.ning.com/page/gasification-101

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out the link, or just google "wood gasifiers" ;) It WILL come to this, someday. the one site is is the FEMA approved "gasifier" that could be built, to produce power when there is a fossil-fuel shortage. This is old knowledge, It was readily used in world war II by european countrys.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
i know i have heard about them before but had to use google to refresh my memory on it but it is definately beneficial. from what i understand it has atleast two benefits one is the burning provides heat that can be used to keep a house warm plus the gas can be used to run an engine.

if you build one we definately want pics and to hear how it works out for you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts