Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a blown pump just like that one on a craftsman mated to a honda engine. I think its a Briggs. I’m trying to find a compatible replacement myself. I don’t know how the pump is unmounted from the engine

·
Registered
82 Posts
Most of those cheaper power washers are annovi reverberi pumps. You may find seal kits for them still but its very difficult to identify the pump by model number. Sometimes you can find very small numbers on them somewhere.

As for removing them from the engine, you have to open the pump up and remove the bolt from the crank on the inside. There is probably a couple of short mounting bolts also to the motor case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info John. The head output connector to the high pressure wand hose shattered when I turned on the water to it. Luckily, I only got a cut lip out of it. Once I take it apart, do you think an aftermarket substitute pump would be available?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, there are pumps out there that will bolt up with no problem. Configuration of your current motor horizontal or vertical shaft. Horse power of tour current motor all determine what to mate it with. I dont know if it will be cost efficient though. Post some pictures of your setup and I will try to help you locate what you need

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, there are pumps out there that will bolt up with no problem. Configuration of your current motor horizontal or vertical shaft. Horse power of tour current motor all determine what to mate it with. I dont know if it will be cost efficient though. Post some pictures of your setup and I will try to help you locate what you need

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks like by seeing the muffler configuration is one of the vertical shaft hondas that they made into a horizontal configuration. Regardless its a 3/4" shaft and any universal pump of similar rating as your original one will do. You obviously cannot put a large pump (PSI/GPM) because the motor cant operate it and will immediately stall on load. You can go up in PSI some, but you cannot push Volume (gpm) Below is an example of what you can use and if you read his ad, he explains what/how to measure to make sure it will mount up. There are much cheaper ones out there $$ wise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the update. I’m having a hard time trying to loosen those black allen screws that go into the motor housing. What’s the best way to go about loosening them? I Don’t have any impact tools but willing to buy something. How about the impact driver that you hit with a hammer? Would that work? I don’t want to round off the screw heads.

·
Registered
189 Posts
As JohnNY said many Craftsman pressure washers used Briggs, and many Briggs used Annovi Reverberi pumps.
Measure the O.D. of the engine's output shaft. Then go to A.R.'s website and browse their pumps that fit the shaft diameter. You should be able to find something. But the cost of a new pump might be 75% of a new unit from a big box store.
Good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the update. I’m having a hard time trying to loosen those black allen screws that go into the motor housing. What’s the best way to go about loosening them? I Don’t have any impact tools but willing to buy something. How about the impact driver that you hit with a hammer? Would that work? I don’t want to round off the screw heads.
They will come loose. Do not use the impact driver that you hit with the hammer as they are only mounted into a thin aluminum sump pan. I have put a small visegrip on the head and tapped that to loosen bit just use common sense for whats practical. Or even put the visegrips on the allen key shaft to get more leverage. They will come loose

·
Registered
542 Posts
see the poust usa site i have a link for powerwasher mall on there they have all brands of pumps
www.poustusa.com
they should be on the bottom border with the site sponsors.
i use allan metric sockets on those and then a good breaker bar.
soak them with
Free All Penetrating Oil
Part # RE12 Line: FAL
that stuff works!!
also try smacking the head with a hammer with the proper size allan socket...
some times a tap is all it takes to get it to let go.
there should be red or at least blue lock tite on those bolts...
you have to watch on heating with a torch as it can destroy the engine seals...

if you have an induction bolt heater those work real good for doing these!!
pm me for links on those!!
they should also be listed on the poust site in the tools section.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had to drill the heads off two of the four bolts because the the allens stripped. Got a 2600 psi reverbi from Amazon for $117, and It works better than new. Thanks for the help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts