Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is a good place to try and find leather seals for the pump on my Blachawk floor jack? My goal is to try and find just the leather seals vs a kit. I have serviced the jack since 1972-73 with approx 3 needs and given excess parts by 2 past Jack Shops. The leather cups in the pump have needed added pressure to stop a leak and will eventually be worn too much.

Our local Hydraulic Shops have mentioned there is no market in repairing floor jacks and have not included left over stock into their computer’s inventory. Blackhawkparts.com appears to have Kits. Is it common for the leather seals to wear and does age affect them?

My jack is probably in the 2-3 ton service jack range (with the needed seals attached).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks For Your Reply!

Do you feel I can get a repair kit or seal without a model # vs just the pic attached and pump’s inside dia dimension? I can not find a number or name on the jack. Two repair shops in the 70s told me it was a Blackhawk vs #s on receipts. They had plenty local parts then but I feel the lower costing Service Floor Jacks ended the local repairs market.

• There is still a market here on getting hydraulic cylinders on gas equipment repaired. The shop that serviced my log splitter’s cylinder might know of some service. As I was told there is old stock around but not listed as inventory on computers. I need to ask around at some auto shops.
  • Do you have a recommendation on kits or seals? I noticed some offered kits or volume sales.
  • My neighbor has given me a like new jack (attached) slightly heaver/larger (80 vs 70 lbs) from China that I doubt will share parts. The differences makes a difference when you get__yrs old. LOL.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts