Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's what I'm thinking. He said that he wasn't done yet. Thanks for the help guys.
If the electrician had initially installed the correct male receptacle/outlet without the interlock being installed on the panel, then it would have been possible for exposed male prongs on the receptacle/outlet to become a shock hazard if someone flipped on the breaker while utility power was connected. That's probably illegal. But when the electrician left the installation in this not-quite-done state with the female outlet, it would at least be "legal" although useless as a generator connection.

Of course, its still possible to get shocked; but the user, rather than the electrician, would have to do something illegal like make a suicide cord to cause the hazard problem. In other words, if you goof up and get shocked, the electrician is less likely to be held liable.

I'm not familiar with generators this large. Personally, I would prefer locking 50A connections for a whole-home hookup. Your generator has a locking 30A, but it looks like a non-locking 50amp. Can anyone comment on the pros/cons for various applications?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts