Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am in the beginning stage of a splitter build. I have an LPW2A Lister Petter. I'm trying to find the optimum sized hydraulic pump for this engine. It seems that every pump I see is sized based on a gas motor running at 3600 rpm. According to the LP website specs. this engines sweet spot is 2000 rpm give or take a few. That puts the hp at close to 15 and the torque output at about 37 ft/lbs. This torque number decreases as the rpms increase up to max 3000 rpms and approx 20 hp . What size pump should I buy? I havent bought any other parts yet. The plan is a box wedge style and cycle time as fast as possible with this motor. Im thinking a 2 stage pump. I have done the math on some pumps and it seems right but I'm not really sure. I dont want to screw it up. Any experienced advice out there on this subject?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
you need a gear box.
they make them for pumps to bolt direct drive to the gear box
and flex plate on the engine to the gear box drive.
basic over drive to get the pump speed at the lower diesel rpm

are you in the states? and near what city?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I was hoping to be able to just get the right pump and avoid purchasing a gearbox. Considering all the diesel powered equipment out there it seems to me that there would be pumps designed for small diesels. I have found nothing on this topic searching online. I am in the central lower peninsula in Michigan near Clare.

·
Registered
2 Posts
try the mfg below
Prince Manufacturing Corporation Home Page
and you may have to call them and ask.
I contacted the company you suggested. They recommended one of their distributors which turned out to be only 20 miles from me. It turns out that the guy there named Ryan is into building logsplitters in their shop. Not just any log splitter, fast, powerful ones. From the conversation I had with him I gathered it was his hobby. He can build me any pump I need. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
prince is a good company!
I know them well.
also northern tool carry's some of the items from prince.
pronounced "prinz"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts