Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,
I have a mobile kitchen that I am restoring for a non-profit. The trailer is 45 feet long and used to have a generator installed in it It has since been removed. The electrical panel requires a 50 amp line to power the unit. I am lookiing at duel fuel system and most likely portable. Can anyone recommend a unit that would work for this. Do you need more specs?

Thanks,
Marcello

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow not sure on rated wattage but we have gas fryers and stove tops that require electric for 110 volts but mostly for fans and such. Exhaust fans are big ones, 2 of them. The biggest items are a warming oven and a walkin in fridge (working) with a freezer (not working right now) Lights and outlets. Sorry all I know is we always needed a 50 amp outlet.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
can the unit plug in to shore power?
best is to take pix of the tags of all the equipment in the rig.
update any lighting to led as well.
50 amps is 12,500 watts run power
is the warming oven electric or gas?
it would be to your advantage to go lp on as many things as you can...
as well as the chiller (refrigerator / freezer)

the killer thing will be keeping this quiet!
and easy to setup.

is this like a mobile food truck where it moves every day or several times a day?
if so how many miles of travel or hours of travel?
if so you want a power solution that would make it so you have power during transport.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes we plug into shore power when at home. Good idea on the LED. Warming oven is electric and about the size of a house fridge. We have done to lp on stove and fryers and water heater. Quiet is not so much as I was thinking this unit can be on another truck or trailer. Mobile kitchen is used for disasters and community events it is towed by a fifth wheel. I'll take pictures when I can get to it. Point A to point B does not need power. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
some mobile kitchens make and prep the foods at a BIG kitchen.
then store hot or cold for the final cook or food service.

yea look in to an lp warmer!
as well as an lp fridge freezer chiller setup!
some just use Ice for the prep tables.
we are lucky here in Iowa as we have 3 mfg's of these items near by.
think scratch and dent! GRIN!

quiet is nice so folks can eat in quiet.. as well as in disaster areas you might be limited
for noise if there is sleeping areas.

·
Banned
1 Posts
It depends. The house I lived in for a few years with my husband wasn't that big. I wanted to change the kitchen. I wanted a larger counter where I had no space at all. We decided with the husband to raise money and buy a new house where we will have more room, especially for the kitchen as we had a sketch that required ample space and the top to be brought and put by Quartz Worktops London because I looked and died after those Quartz were a little less. The price was a little less XD. But I wanted a unique kitchen that I took in the end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.