Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the first 3 pics are of the huge tree i was planning on cutting down but once i got up in it a little ways i realized it was more than i could do with out proper climbing gear, and the fact that it was right between my grandma's house and the neighbor's house. the rest of the pics are the other 2 trees being taken down and cut up two of my cousins were there to carry branches away so i could focus on cutting. after both trees were down i had to break out the axe to help get the stumps down even with the ground. what a work out now i'm tired

Attachments

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pics. oh yeah the new saw worked out great since i forgot to pick up a new chain for the big saw so the new one got a real work out only issue i had was the chain on it from the factory was junk and had a few bad links so i put on the spare chain the only other thing was that it got up to almost 90 today and i had vapor lock issues with the saw but in the heat i half expected it especially since the saw only got turned off to refuel and it was running for nearly 3 hours straight

Attachments

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have to remember to call the tree service im the morning to get the big one taken down somehow dropping a huge tree on a house just didn't seem right lol

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got a quote on that tree last year and they said 600 to take it down and grind the stump. which is why i would have tried to take it down if i had climbing gear because i could have taken it down branch by branch and been fine but with only a wobbly extension ladder i couldn't get up to where the fork was wide enough to climb.

a few years ago i took down a chinese elm that was a bit bigger but had no buildings within the fall zone and it took 6 hours and 2 chains to get it all cut up and cleaned up that was not a fun day at all

·
Registered
478 Posts
Good job! Yep if you are not comfortable abou dropping that Tree, then paying for it to be removed is cheap insurance! :cool:

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Good job! Glad ya didn't get hurt. I seen the ladder in the frist set of pics and it made me gringe alittle.:eek: I've seen alot of bad things happen with a chainsaw and ladder.:( 600 hundred sounds like a real fair price, stump grinding included.;)

That's one thing about doing tree work. You got one shot. Kinda hard to stand-it back up and try again. Thanks for the post and pics.:)

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good job! Glad ya didn't get hurt. I seen the ladder in the frist set of pics and it made me gringe alittle.:eek: I've seen alot of bad things happen with a chainsaw and ladder.:( 600 hundred sounds like a real fair price, stump grinding included.;)

That's one thing about doing tree work. You got one shot. Kinda hard to stand-it back up and try again. Thanks for the post and pics.:)
yeah when i use the ladder i strap it to the tree with a couple ratchet straps so that it won't jump out from under me lol now i just have to remember to actually call the tree service i keep forgetting to do it old age is catching up with me fast

1 - 12 of 12 Posts