Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why retailers can’t sell this generator right now. We have tried for weeks at several retailers both online and in store and are told it can’t be sold right now by order of Honda.
Is there a recall?
We even tried buying from an independent sales person on eBay and they could not ship until told it was ok to by Honda. What gives? An internet search is turning up no news on why this is. We needed this generator before May, and see getting worried we won’t be able to get one before then.

·
Registered
426 Posts
This is a bummer. We're in need of a generator and I've been eyeing the EU2200i. Anyone have an alternate recommendation?
I would imagine they'll be available again in a week or two... They're just replacing the fuel valve.

Home Depot is listing some as available in some stores now. Check your nearby stores for availability. Northern Tool says "ships in 3 - 8 Business Days". Hopefully they'll become more available soon as updates are made.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What are your criteria?

If you're open to used, I'd consider an EU2000i. If you want new, and a Honda, they have larger inverter units as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would take a look at the Yamaha EF2200iS.
quality will be as good for sure.
It has 2 hrs more run time on a tank of gas.
The Honda also has a rubber timing belt which needs to be replaced at about 400 hrs or so. I think the Yam has gear driven cams to pushrod so no $200 maintenance bill at 400 hrs.
Both good units.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Researching the EF2000iS vs EU2000i a few years ago, the Honda had a bigger engine (99cc vs 79cc). This helped it deal better with sudden surge loads (like starting a compressor, etc). And the Honda was able to run above the rated 1600W output (but below the 2000W) for a half hour, vs about 30 seconds for the Yamaha.

The EU2200i increased from 99cc (EU2000i) to 121cc. The Yamaha EF2200iS remained at 79cc, like the EF2000iS.

I have heard great things about the Yamaha quality. I'd prefer to not have a timing belt in my Honda, due to wondering how it will fare in 10+ years. And for the 2000W versions, the Yamaha was quieter at idle, I think, with the smaller engine, though it became louder at a full load. But depending on how you expect to load it, things like engine size and surge ability may be considerations.

·
Registered
426 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts