Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title says it all. mine are working on my tractors and getting seat time on them, building things (wood of metal) gardening, almost any kind of repair work (i find it relaxing for some odd reason), biking, and getting to cut down trees(again oddly relaxing). what about you guys

·
Registered
97 Posts
Code:
Lets see, mine are working on the tractors and then using them. Another one is watching NASCAR on the weekends. And another one is collecting model cars and farm and construction/forestry equipment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Love cutting trees, don't know if I'd it a hobby or not got a lot of things I like to do though:
Yard work/ maitenance. trimming, mowing love it
dabble in a little sign making once in a while with the router.
Like doing woodwork, can't wait to get my work bench built in the garage.
Yeah I got a ps3 and I like to play games too, mostly at night though.
Hunting, snowshoeing, sno-mobiling.
trips with the fam and getting together with the fam.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Messin with anything mechanical, gardening, hunting, fishing and cutting/splitting wood too. I get a heck of a rush falling "trouble" trees. Here's one of my next to take down. It's a 25" dbh red oak, up-rooted and hangin in the tops of a maple and a hickory. Which are both heevin roots also. Tried to pull the stump down the hill, to no avail. Next plan is to put a strap around the hickory about a foot above of cut, so it doesn't wanna "barberchair" from the stress. Then it's CUT-N-RUN!! YEE HAWW!!!!

I'm also waitin for the approval to remove this tulip poplar, that's hangin over this cabin. It's less than 4 ft from the house and stands close to 90 ft. Gonna have to break out the big saw, wedges, cables and snatch blocks...:cool: I got me a cheapy video recorder, I'll try to get a video of the take down...

sharpener 019.JPG

sharpener 043.JPG

house damage 009.JPG

·
Registered
39 Posts
ahh ironmower you got my heart thumpin man, I love cutting "danger trees" too. last fall had to climb up one about 20ft to cut another off up over my head.
prob shoulda used some equipment instead of just my saw but thatd of been to easy.
Cut looking up!

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
hmmm

working on cars/ old cars
working on lawn equipment old stuff of course
cb radios
gas powerd rc
boating / fishing
history and discovery channel

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
ahh ironmower you got my heart thumpin man, I love cutting "danger trees" too. last fall had to climb up one about 20ft to cut another off up over my head.
prob shoulda used some equipment instead of just my saw but thatd of been to easy.
Cut looking up!
Right on! Here's what happened last year, right when I turned to run. good thing there ain't much up-stairs to hurt! LOL

I know, I know SAFETY GEAR!!

deck build 010.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts