Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is recommended not to leave the gas in it. I assume I should drain the gas. Maybe I should run it out of fuel or drain the carb too? Not sure how I drain the carb. I just bought a fs110 from Stihl this summer. Don't know much about them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I never drain mine, just run 100% gas with stabil then start an run it for 5 minutes every 30-45 days.

·
Super Moderator
161 Posts
Ethanol in the fuel is the problem. It attracts moisture, which induces rust, corrosion, and causes gas to deteriorate.
The surest way to avoid ethanol induced problems is to drain all the fuel before storage . Just dump what's in the tank out into some suitable container, then run the engine until it quits.
The next surest way to avoid ethanol induced problems is to use ethanol free fuel, available at some gas stations, or engineered fuel, available at Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, etc.. It will also eventually deteriorate, but its shelf life is longer... long enough to get you through the winter, especially if you use a fuel stabilizer like StaBil, or StarTron with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ethanol in the fuel is the problem. It attracts moisture, which induces rust, corrosion, and causes gas to deteriorate.
The surest way to avoid ethanol induced problems is to drain all the fuel before storage . Just dump what's in the tank out into some suitable container, then run the engine until it quits.
The next surest way to avoid ethanol induced problems is to use ethanol free fuel, available at some gas stations, or engineered fuel, available at Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, etc.. It will also eventually deteriorate, but its shelf life is longer... long enough to get you through the winter, especially if you use a fuel stabilizer like StaBil, or StarTron with it.
Thank you:tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would second the E0 fuel. I just got 5 gallons to run in the Ariens this winter, we'll see how it compares to the E10 I was using. Does seem to start a little easier.
https://www.pure-gas.org should show you where to find some, hopefully close by.
I've always poured or siphoned the tank dry and run the rest out at end of season. It may take a few extra pulls to get them started but cheap insurance.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts