Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, im looking to replace my battery (electric start), with a better one. my generator is setup with the positive on the left, and the battery im getting is on the right. so now the positive battery cable is too short to reach across to the terminal. im having a hard time just finding replacement cables, so i want to make my own. my problem is im not sure what size cable to use. the battery has 80CCA and 4AH. thank you!

(i have written to WEN, and no response.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are certain measurements for the battery to fit, and there are very few that fit. thats why i need to make a longer cable.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
The stock cable is likely 10ga, you can extend the existing cable by cutting the ring terminal and crimping a length of cable with a new ring terminal.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
there are certain measurements for the battery to fit, and there are very few that fit. thats why i need to make a longer cable.
Presumably you can't simply turn the battery 180 degrees? The terminals would be much closer to the original positions that way. I've done that with many motorcycles and snowblowers, etc.

Reactions: fewpop
1 - 6 of 6 Posts