Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this section is about sump pumps, but I need to ask the question.

Alright so my problem is that my well pump and pipe became disconnected from the joint near the well cap where the pipe turn and goes into the house. Well the pump fell a few feet in the well and now seems to be stuck. I attached a extention to the existing pipe to try to get a leverage point to pull the whole this out of the well. But it wont budge a bit. I dont understand why its stuck or what I should do.

So any suggestions?
And if its drill a new well, I'd like to fix what I have before going that route unless its impossible.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I'm far from an expert on well pumps but its possible that there is just a lot of crud built up and the pump is just wedged in with all the crud I'm wondering if you could put an eyelet in a pipe cap and use a come along on it of course you would need something overhead to anchor the other end of the come along to and this idea may actually lead to damage to the pump so try at your own risk. Someone with more knowledge should be along soon with some better solutions

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took roughly 3 ft of 1.25" webbing sewn into a loop. Three wraps around pipe then back through hoop which should be lowest part of web strap. Using a tripod with hole at apex, winch pipe through tripod. Chain clamps and barstock acted as a safety . You will have to cut off & pipe with poly tubing as pipe may be in 20 sections but after freeing pump you can briefly run pump to prove its good as pump should be in several feet of static water. If you live within a watchful local you may get busted for not having a well drillers license. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.