Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While researching the new HF Predator 9500, I saw this post from Tabora about the Duromax XP9000iH.

Basically looked the same as the Predator 9500 but dual fuel and a 3 year warranty... so I wanted to know more about it..

I go to there site and submitted some questions... "What is the THD? Is the Neutral floating or Bonded? What parts are available for this unit? ".

Guess what the answer was? I can't believe this.. but they wouldn't answer any of my question.. Here's their email response to me: "Our staff has read your question and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time! "

I'm like what kind of company can't answer a few simple questions? If they can't answer these questions what kind of product are they selling and is their warranty even worth the paper it's printed on? So unless I see something positive from them, my plan is to run from Duromax..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Duromax like many other brands simply re-sell products made in China. Usually to their specs, but these are low end affordable (cheap) products. They are all the same. But if you are offended by their inability to answer your question, move on to the same device under another brand. It's a good question. Try their phone support. I have had luck with them but who knows where the actual truth lies? It's China...

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's a very odd reaction from them. That information is public, so it's not like you are asking them highly guarded trade secrets. THD is listed at < 5% which is a bit higher for an inverter, and the neutral is bonded to the frame. Not sure about parts availability. It's got an electric start with remote. The HF does not have a remote start.

Sounds like you received an auto-generated response. Maybe they are self-conscience about their higher THD?

·
Super Moderator
255 Posts
"...I go to there site and submitted some questions... "

To whom did you submit the questions? Sounds like you tried to submit questions through the customer reviews link instead of customer service.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I saw this post from Tabora about the Duromax XP9000iH.
If you want answers, I usually find it best to ask those questions on a retail website rather than a vendor website. I see you've asked on the Home Depot site. Lowes, factorypure, generatorbible, Amazon and other sites are additional places to try. You may have to wait a week or so for responses.

I go to there site and submitted some questions... "What is the THD? Is the Neutral floating or Bonded?
And the THD is less than 5%, neutral is bonded to frame by default - as listed in the specs on every site. For example: DuroMax XP9000iH 9000W Dual Fuel Inverter Generator: Spec Review & Deals

·
Registered
76 Posts
Has anybody EVER bought parts for a Chinese generator after the warranty was over? I don't exactly see them for sale.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Has anybody EVER bought parts for a Chinese generator after the warranty was over? I don't exactly see them for sale.
Some stuff is easy to find. AVR, carbs, fuel tanks... internals are another story.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
it all depends on the mfg plant...
some are almost direct honda parts...

a real honda carb is its own thing...
most honda engines will run on clone parts..
just the afr will be off a bit...
most run a bit on the rich side.

the heck of it is the china gens you just replace the whole unit!
way cheaper than shop time to tear one down these days even at cheap 60/ hour small shops...
some shops now are at 120/ hour for good tech's

if it is under $1k usd just buy another if it has real hours on it... (over 1000 hours)
that works out to 60k miles if it was a car...
with no oil filter and no oil magnet...
maybe 2500 to 4000 hours max if the oil was changed right...

and if you do run the oil magnets and the better oil and alt fuel like LP or NG
10k hours or more!
or a year and a half if it is ran 24/7 365 days

just some food for thought!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I've swapped Honda parts onto a Generac and an LCT successfully, but every different situation requires assessment.

Reactions: iowagold
1 - 11 of 11 Posts