Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, a friend from church gave me an older snowblower made by Power Equipment, it's a Viking Power Model# 100202 and runs well. The belt is 1/2x25 inches and a bit tattered and also slips; it is snug putting on or taking off. The tension pulley when applied moves freely and pushes downward on the inside but doesn't tighten the belt enough as it is stretched. I have a new 25" belt but haven't tried it, as the old one was hard to get on w/o using a large screwdriver. The lever holding the tension pulley has a bent tab over the pulley as though it is meant for the belt to ride atop the pulley but it won't function that way. It's clear that the belt should be slack when starting, but the stretched belt is too snug for cranking freely yet slips when tensioned, and a 26" belt is way too loose. The tab above the pulley has me puzzled. I should add that this belt drives the tires! Harold

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try to get a few pics of it, with the tension pulley released and applied. I can also have my friend who gave the snowblower to me show how he had the belt on, as it was off when he brought it. I put it on the way I think it should be, and it's not on top of the pulley under that tab because the pulley pushes down on the inside of the belt. I know it's really impossible to diagnose w/o a visual reference. Thanks for the reply & I'll post pics when I can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts