Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ridgid RD80746 pressure washer with an Annovi RMV2.3G30 pump. I pulled it out of storage, started it, and used it about 30 minutes with no issue. It ran out of gas, so I refilled, but when I went to start, I could barely pull the cord. By pulling the gun trigger and pulling the cord a little at a time, it eventually freed up. Very little water coming out of gun when engine not running. When the engine started, no pump pressure, and the engine died/stalled within a few seconds.

I took the pump off, and noted the engine ran fine without the pump. I disassembled the unloader and jet assemblies. Found one o-ring with some minor tears, and some very light scale, but didn't have replacement parts/orings so I just cleaned and oiled things up and reassembled. After reassembly, I got a LOT more water through the pump when not running. When I started, pressure was fine, when I released the trigger, I could feel the motor struggle again, but eventually some valve freed up and it started working properly. Repeated 2-3 times and all seemed well. But after shutting down the engine and letting it set 2-3 minutes, then restarting, I was back to having plenty of flow through the pump when engine was off, but no additional pressure when the engine was running. Also, after just a few minutes of running, the pump housing was very hot to the touch (as it was before I did the rebuild).

Any ideas what's wrong here, and how/what to fix?

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
in my experience
replace the pump....
i prefer cat brand on the pump...

make sure to use pump saver foam when not in use.
pm if you need links for that stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts