Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Spring in my unloader is completely rusted out and broken on a used machine I bought. Looking for a new one. Anyone have any recommendations on one that will last & not break the bank? Are stainless steel springs what I need to look for?

Just a regular 4000 psi 4gpm machine.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
you need to know the exact profile for the spring if you replace just the spring.

i would replace the whole assy..
if they used a plain steel spring they may to have used steel balls or other parts in there as steel.

or replace it with oem spring and use the pump saver solution after every use...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need to know the exact profile for the spring if you replace just the spring.

i would replace the whole assy..
if they used a plain steel spring they may to have used steel balls or other parts in there as steel.

or replace it with oem spring and use the pump saver solution after every use...
Thanks. I would prefer to just replace the assembly, but someone on another forum said it was not possible with the type of integrated unloader that my pump has. See pics below (and circled in yellow where the unloader was installed): They said because the threads are not NPT on the unloader, and there is some sort of valve on the bottom of it, that it would be unadvisable to change over to a regular style unloader such as a General Pulsar 4.Can you advise on this?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ahh the orphan pto pump.
yea good luck finding oem parts on that un labeled kid.
sure would be nice to find any stamping's on the aluminum housing for model or brand.

if you try off the shelf springs make sure you use a pressure pop off as well as a gauge when testing.
the spring pressure and rates could be any numbers on this custom stuff.

hey do you have the manuals for the power washer???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh the orphan pto pump.
yea good luck finding oem parts on that un labeled kid.
sure would be nice to find any stamping's on the aluminum housing for model or brand.

if you try off the shelf springs make sure you use a pressure pop off as well as a gauge when testing.
the spring pressure and rates could be any numbers on this custom stuff.

hey do you have the manuals for the power washer???
No I don't have any manuals. I have ordered a piston that looked similar and am crossing my fingers it will be the same as mine that is damaged. After that, I just need another spring or replace the unloader with another one and test it out. All other parts in the pump look brand new.

So you don't think that an external unloader like General Pulsar 4 could be added to this pump?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts