Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to this forum but not new to the power equipment industry. I grew up working in my dad's small engine and power equipment repair shop. I cut my teeth on push mowers but soon worked on just about everything power equipment, including Cub Cadet, MTD, Murray and Roper style riding mowers. I rebuilt my fair share of B&S engines, Kohler K and KT series engines, along with a few Honda and Onan engines. When I say rebuilt, I don't mean a tune-up, I mean a full rebuild, rebore, new piston, rings, rods, valves, etc.

Fast forward a few years and I found myself drawn toward an unrelated profession. Even then, I couldn't stay away from power equipment and small engines. Shortly afterward I started my own shop, servicing anything I could get my hands on. Now I stay busy servicing just about everything except the "throw away" brands. I am a Master Service Technician for Briggs and Stratton. I am also a Honda General Purpose engine dealer and warranty center.

If I had spare time I would love to rebuild and recondition old machines to make them look like new. I currently have SEVERAL older machines, including an Allis Chalmers 410, Sears 10/6 (hence my username), an older 3-wheel mower with a Clinton engine on it, a small Homelite (or something like that with a small B&S engine and solid rubber tires)..... I enjoy the old stuff for the fun of it....

My Sears 10/6 has a different engine on it now but I have the deck (not working at the moment), front blade, and a rear mold board plow. It is missing the hood and needs new tires but its a fun tractor to drive and play with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts