Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

completely new to this forum and power equipment. Just bought land and now needs to maintain and use the wood from it.

I couldn’t find anything about this particular log splitter. I got it from my dad,the motor runs but not moving. It seems that there’s no fluid.

Is it easy or straight forward to fix? not sure if it’s worth getting fix by a pro.

i’ll add photo when I get home.

thanks in advance

row

·
Registered
270 Posts
Parts for that model will be non-existent and the cost to have someone repair it (if anyone would), would be more than the cost to replace it with a new equivalent electric splitter.
If you have property and a lot of wood to split, buy a gas log splitter.
With a gas one, you won't be limited to extension cords.
Check out splitters at places like Tractor Supply, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
Anything rated 25 tons and up will be all you need.

·
Super Moderator
236 Posts
I couldn't find any information on it on the web, and the pictures are not a lot of help. Oldmanhere says it's electric. Is that correct? That's a strike against it if it is.

You say it has no fluid. I have to assume you mean it's hydraulic, with a fluid reservoir. The hydraulics may have a leaky cylinder, valve, pump, line, or the like. Have you tried putting some fluid in it to see?

Odds are pretty good that you could find generic seals, lines, and other rebuild stuff for the hydraulics, assuming that's your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts