Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Ryobi 780 series straight shaft weed eater today for $10 dollars. I have to get a primer bulb for it. I also picked up a hedge trimmer and limb saw attachments for $20.

And the attachments.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I did good for the price. The attachments work like they should. The same people had a ancient Echo curved shaft weed eater for 10 dollars that I should of snagged but this had more stuff.

·
Registered
39 Posts
nice find man. I've had good luck when I used ryobis. If that echo is a gt-2000 I'd go back and get it, those are bullet proof.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice find man. I've had good luck when I used ryobis. If that echo is a gt-2000 I'd go back and get it, those are bullet proof.
Its to late for the echo. The only reason why I did not get it when I should is that it was a curved shaft and I just do not like curved shafts. But thinking back on it I should of snatched it up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hahaha i hear ya on the curved shaft, there was a time when I thought there was nothing better, a time before I used a straight shaft.
But yeah, anyone else looking echos are good. Finicky at starting sometimes but oh well.
and ps.
those attachements just make it a sweet bonus! love the multitool weedwhackahs!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to do some modifications to this one for the attachments. I am thinking about cutting the shaft on the weedeater and then making a mount on the shaft that the attachments slide and lock onto.
My experience with curved shafts has not been good. We had a curved shaft Troybilt that was a pos. The head always shook and then the cutting head self destructed so it was strait shafts ever since.

·
Registered
39 Posts
K man you'll def have to post some picks up when you do that, I never knew you just cut the shaft and modify it. It makes sense though now that I think about it.
Wanna see how you attach it back on and what not. I"m not doing to my new echo, BUT if I find a deal at a yardsale with nothing to lose guess what?:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K man you'll def have to post some picks up when you do that, I never knew you just cut the shaft and modify it. It makes sense though now that I think about it.
Wanna see how you attach it back on and what not. I"m not doing to my new echo, BUT if I find a deal at a yardsale with nothing to lose guess what?:D
I hope my plan works but if it does not I am only out 10 dollars. I will definitely take some pictures when I do this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts