Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Stihl FS55RC and after the winter it won't start. The fuel primer blows air into the tank- no fuel seeps into the plunger itself. Question: is there any type of carb cleaner that I could spray into the air passage that may dissolve any varnish buildup as I can't even find a socket in my tools that will fit over the (2) carb nuts and still clear the plastic housing? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will look at them now. It is my understanding that I need to remove the carb to have access to the fuel lines and filter. As I stated,I do not have a thin enough socket to remove the carb nuts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to shower right now because when I disconnected the top fuel line from the nozzle, a jet of gasoline rained on my head . Reeking with fuel right now

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm back but gonna quit for now.The prime pump could never draw fuel yet it would blow air into the tank. Maybe a cracked fuel line. Or completely choked up carb. Either way I through for tonight. Thanks for trying anyway. PS - I had a car once that had a plugged filter and would stall until I forced air backwards into the tank. That would buy a few miles of travel down the road until a repeated the process. Maybe I need a filter?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have a vacumn pump with a gage ?.
Fuel lines are fairly inexpensive; Ace has a universal which may be the correct size..
Sometimes I think that cars are easier to work on....but, then, so little goes wrong....the quality is much higher...
Also, use the compression gage when these no-start things occur...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts