Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5 year old STIHL - used 15 times - never dropped it. I am facing a $275.00 repair on an MS-211 that I bought for $250. I called STIHL and asked how an engine housing can crack when the plastic body surrounding the entire chainsaw was completely fine / not broken. I asked if they would stand by their product. They said "something cracked the engine housing." I said, that I'm telling as many people as I can about my experience and Kelly at STIHL tech services hung up on me. That is all FACT. I'm not a happy customer of STIHL. I will never buy their products again and I'm telling as many people as I can about this.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It didn't crack under normal usage. Go to the lumber yard, purchase some boards, build a bridge and get over it. You have been whining all over the net. Stihl warranty is one year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still Whining

You keep telling half the story. Why don't you tell members that you have not even run a complete tank of fuel through the saw in the 2&1/2 years you had it. as you posted on other forums. Leaving fuel in for that amount of time is not a responsible owner and no one believes your rants.

·
Registered
5 Posts
cracked cylinder houseing

You keep telling half the story. Why don't you tell members that you have not even run a complete tank of fuel through the saw in the 2&1/2 years you had it. as you posted on other forums. Leaving fuel in for that amount of time is not a responsible owner and no one believes your rants.
Would leaving fuel in the tank for 2 and one-half years cause the cylinder to crack?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it is a plastic engine block ... I've never been a fan of any power tool that is powered by a plastic engine block. I bought a stihl and it is just fine. Composite steel engine block ... not plastic!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is the 3rd time reading about this. Its tank/engine housing that cracked not the cylinder. I use the Tru Fuel 50:1 premixed gas with no ethanol in it. Its good for 2 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts