Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Spits and Sputters”
Hi all, I purchased a Brute 2800psi 2.3 gpm used (2015). Yesterday I used it for the first time and it worked perfectly for 2 hours. This morning the water side is spitting and sputtering out the pressure wand. The moment that began I shut down the engine fearing the wter pump would burn up. I removed the wand hose from the connector at the pump and the water is coming through in a steady spray without the Honda engine running. However, Once I start the engine it stops the steady spray and begins to spit and sputter the water. The engine never falters, just the water pressure.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
What's the model number? 020302-1 or 020629-00?
This one? 2800 MAX PSI / 2.3 MAX GPM*
or this one? Brute 2800 PSI Pressure Washer - Manual

Sounds like you'll need to disassemble the pump to find the issue. Diagrams depending on model:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the model number? 020302-1 or 020629-00?
This one? 2800 MAX PSI / 2.3 MAX GPM*
or this one? Brute 2800 PSI Pressure Washer - Manual

Sounds like you'll need to disassemble the pump to find the issue. Diagrams depending on model:

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
did you check the screen for the water inlet to the pump?
did you free flow the water with the engine off for 10 min?
just to purge out any air from the feed hose and the pressure hose..
is it trying to build pressure?

you are using a solid hose for the feed line right??
you cannot use one of those expandable hoses for the water inlet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you check the screen for the water inlet to the pump?
did you free flow the water with the engine off for 10 min?
just to purge out any air from the feed hose and the pressure hose..
is it trying to build pressure?

you are using a solid hose for the feed line right??
you cannot use one of those expandable hoses for the water inlet.
I am using a solid hose. I did flush the hose and it was working for, a minute, maybe 2. I will check the screen at the inlet although I looked for one earlier inside the connector and didn’t see one. The water hose was used to wash out a large tub just before hooking up to the water inlet connector. I also let it free flow without engine running both with and without the pressure hose connected, however only for 2-3 minutes. I’m going to look again for any blockage at the inlet. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I am using a solid hose. I did flush the hose and it was working for, a minute, maybe 2. I will check the screen at the inlet although I looked for one earlier inside the connector and didn’t see one. The water hose was used to wash out a large tub just before hooking up to the water inlet connector. I also let it free flow without engine running both with and without the pressure hose connected, however only for 2-3 minutes. I’m going to look again for any blockage at the inlet. Thank you for the info.
if there is no screen the pump could have trash in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts