Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone keep spare parts on hand for their generators? It seems I've read lots of stories of generators going down right when you need them. Whether due to negligence or bad luck, etc. Then finding out you can't get your hands on said part for 2 weeks or longer. A lot of the parts don't seem to be that expensive compared to the hardships that not having them creates. I've read a few stories of people being forced to go buy another generator to get them through an outage.

I was thinking things like a carburetor, AVR, spark plug, air filter, maybe brushes. Or am I just being weird?

If I'm not being weird and it's a good idea, what do you guys keep on hand? If it makes any difference I've got a dual fuel gennie.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
314 Posts
Critical would be additional oil for changes, small engines usually want oil change every 50 hours, so that's 2-4 days depending on how long you run it in an extended outage.. Beyond that, I keep a "tune up" on hand, plug, filters, etc. so it's there for the next tune up and I replace it. Beyond that, your comfort level and $$.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I did not mention oil, because I do not consider oil as a "part". I keep plenty of oil on hand for my EB11000 and two little EU2000's. I also have a couple of changes worth for my F250 diesel, thats 4 gal per change. If worse comes to worse I could use some of the synthetic 5w40 diesel oil in the generators. As it is it's synthetic in everything that I have.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
spare parts are a good thing!!
pull rope, plugs, oil, filters. carb,
and another generator!
lol!
after all you do want power right??
GRIN!
yea lights are nice for when you are working on stuff during a power event..
use a smaller honda eu2200i if you have a larger gen system as a back up.
just in case!
and yes the little eu2200i gen can run in parallel.
I use 4 of them when i need larger power.
click here for the generator connection page

1 - 5 of 5 Posts