Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...For a Honda EU2000 generator.

Musts:

- Surface-mount

- User-replaceable battery or no battery

Wants:

- Easy install

- Ability to set the number of hours - so it correctly reflects hours on
equipment that it has been installed on mid-life for the equipment.

First one I had cost an arm and a leg and the non-replaceable battery died after a few years.

Second one was cheap - but just flat did not work.

I see a distinction between "Analog" and "Digital". I'm guessing Analogs are a more difficult install bco power needs. (?)

·
Registered
191 Posts
...For a Honda EU2000 generator.

Musts:

- Surface-mount

- User-replaceable battery or no battery

Wants:

- Easy install

- Ability to set the number of hours - so it correctly reflects hours on
equipment that it has been installed on mid-life for the equipment.

I see a distinction between "Analog" and "Digital". I'm guessing Analogs are a more difficult install bco power needs. (?)
Most I've seen are attached with double-sticky foam type, or have a couple of flanges where screws can be used to permanent-mount:

Amazon.com: Honda Generator Hour Meter: Automotive

The above has an internal battery :(, but I've read about others that do not. Most attach to the generator's spark plug lead to count running hours. None I've every seen are adjustable; all start out at "000" hours. I will guess a mechanical-wheel-type might be manipulated prior to install. If it is a 120V type, you could just plug it into a wall outlet for X hours before installing on the generator.

Low tech solution would be to use a Sharpie to write "Add XXX" near the hour meter (where xxx = number of hours on the unit when the meter was installed).

·
Registered
13 Posts
While I have no experience with this particular hour meter, I know some of them are charged by the spark. Strange concept maybe but it works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts