Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a post where ISO screw drivers were mentioned and that got me wishing for JIS screwdrivers again.

I did a JIS search on Amazon and it seems, you can't get your hands on true JIS drivers. Everything I found says they work with JIS. Then I see someone state the tips on a driver set marked as JIS was actually ISO and now I'm confused.

In the past I knew the difference between JIS and phillips... with ISO thrown in there, can someone explain to me what the differences are? Does anyone know where I might be able to get true JIS screwdrivers?

·
Registered
677 Posts
hey cj try this page they are at the bottom as vessel brand
click here for small engine test equipment and tools page
there is a deal on a set of #2 and #3 impact screwdrivers those are the steel all the way through so you can use a ball-peen hammer to wack it good to break it loose before you turn.
I use these here in the shop they work great on honda eu series gen jic cross head screws.
they fit perfect on the Honda eu1000i, eu2000i, eu2200i and others case screws.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the Vessel brand but none were labeled as actually having the JIS B4633 Standard. And I did find a few other brands that said they were JIS, but again, didn't actually state JIS B4633. That's why I didn't order any of them. I was getting ready to order the Vessel brand because it seems most people are very happy with them, but I found a 3 piece set that said they were made to the JIS B4633 Standard. It's some brand called Sunflag. They're also steel through, so can be hammered on and also have a magnetic tip. So I ordered those.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I like the vessel brand.
lol
I can wack on them all day and have yet to snap a tip off.

some of these screws are super tight as the plating and coating fuses together.
they still make a "tink" sound when turning out the first time.
I like the copper never sieze on the threads when I put them back together.
that is on the case screws and end panels.

inside the gen case engine etc bolts and screws and nuts I like the blue 242 lock tite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts