Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I have recently joined a forging a company in Bradford. The company specialized in heavy equipment forging and by, the looks of working clients I was reasonably impressed with the work and the client they were dealing with. After a week of introduction to the team and management, I was taken into the workshop and assigned to my first work. In the first couple of days, I was basically helping out people and learning stuff. As days go by I did realize the amount of safety harness the people use on the floor use is very limited and not in good condition. I was very worried because we are exposed to a lot of hazardous material and they are not providing the basic safety materials. I did raise the concern to the company but they told me we will look into it. I did search on the internet that all the industry will be going under a Pre-Start Health & Safety Review why are such kind of places still there? Why authorities are not taking necessary actions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t know why many people ignore the yoga, because it is very good for our health. First of all, it calms you down. Secondly, your entire body falls into another world. You just feel great while practicing it. I have some problems with my back and my masseuse recommended me do some yoga training in order to feel better. I thought at the beginning that is just a waste of time, but then I saw the great effect that the yoga lessons had over my back. I bought the carpet and different yoga stuff from a great online yoga store.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
yea we live close to the TM capital of the usa...
Fairfield, Iowa.
all that meditation stuff is kinda wack adoo out there for those who do not do it...
or are not exposed to it...

those on the out side just do not get it!
period!

not saying that tm is the way, but quiet reflection time is cool!
unplug relax etc.
the old time folks used to just go fishing!
that was before boats, motors etc.

look at china and japan!
they do forms, stretching before the work day starts..
kinda cool that it is factory supported!

and back to the old op
osha is a great place to start for factory info and worker rights!
safety equipment is a BIG thing with me!
if you do not have it right you do not work on my job sites period.
poor quality or bad safety gear should be reported and replaced on the spot.
or work stoppage till it is done right.

safety first folks!
stay safe out there!
KC in Iowa

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
we are in a new world for sure right now with c19, c20, c21..
workers rights will be redefined this year....
there are right now things in the news of folks refusing to work in an unsafe work health environment..
i think it was teachers here in the states...
the work is out there right now for those who want it... or want to role the health care dice!.

I role those dice every day!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know why people ignore their health and choose cheaper products with poor quality just not to waste money. I think this is immoral and indifference to one's own health. I had a project last year where I visited a company that makes shoes and I was shocked by the conditions they work there. It just neglection by the lead. This situation appears even when it comes to health. I know women that buy cheap vitamins because they are selfish and don't want to spend money. Guyss it's your own health!! You better search for smth cheap but good. I use Olbas now, especially in covid time and it's not expensive and good quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts