Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to reset the digital hour meter on my B/S P4500 inverter generator? (model 30795). I don't see anything in the owners manual. I'd like to be able to reset the hour meter after each oil change so that I know how many hours I've run it since the oil change.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I believe those meters only shows the TOTAL engine run hours measured from the time it was first started. Other generators have meters that shows both total and current runtimes, with the latter resetting to zero when the engine stops. To solve your problem, you have two option:

1. Get an aftermarket tach-hour meter, one which you can zero out at your discretion. Some of these units have a maintenance minder feature wherein you can set the number of hours (ex. 50 hours) before the next maintenance. Everytime the engine runs, this timer counts down and when it reaches zero, it shows a maintenance icon (often a wrench symbol) on the display.
2. Or do it the old-fashioned way; Make notes on a log sheet with the date, total engine hours displayed, and what sort of activities were made everytime you service the generator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe those meters only shows the TOTAL engine run hours measured from the time it was first started. Other generators have meters that shows both total and current runtimes, with the latter resetting to zero when the engine stops. To solve your problem, you have two option:

1. Get an aftermarket tach-hour meter, one which you can zero out at your discretion. Some of these units have a maintenance minder feature wherein you can set the number of hours (ex. 50 hours) before the next maintenance. Everytime the engine runs, this timer counts down and when it reaches zero, it shows a maintenance icon (often a wrench symbol) on the display.
2. Or do it the old-fashioned way; Make notes on a log sheet with the date, total engine hours displayed, and what sort of activities were made everytime you service the generator.
Thanks OrlyP! One thing I haven't tried - is disconnecting the battery to see if that zeroes out the hour meter. (I can see that NOT happening if there is some kind of "button battery" on a circuit board.). If I did this and it works - it wouldn't be a frequent thing as I'd only do it as part of an oil change. In the end.. your option 2 is easiest ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts