Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: es 4500 genset

Robert, Im running into some conflicting information on my ignition coil issue and would like to get your input. I have located an "exciter coil" for my honda but the color of the leads indicate that this may in fact be a charge coil( as indicated by the honda owners manual schematic). with my machine not getting spark, would I look to replace the exciter coil (30590-899-782) or the charge coil (31630-890-801). Further; what is the function of each one of these coils? Thank You. T.S.

Honda es4500 Serial# 1009309

·
Registered
191 Posts
Robert, Im running into some conflicting information on my ignition coil issue and would like to get your input. I have located an "exciter coil" for my honda but the color of the leads indicate that this may in fact be a charge coil( as indicated by the honda owners manual schematic). with my machine not getting spark, would I look to replace the exciter coil (30590-899-782) or the charge coil (31630-890-801). Further; what is the function of each one of these coils? Thank You. T.S.

Honda es4500 Serial# 1009309
The exciter coil drives the CDI unit, which makes the spark. The charge coil charges the battery. When there is a no spark, it is probably the exciter coil OR the CDI. May also just be a bad spark plug and/or lead/cap too.

[email protected]
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts