Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Tandem breakers could be used to free up some space. I've never used them myself but there's enough electricians on this forum to weigh in. Example I grabbed at random attached.

That load center doesn't accept tandem breakers. Spec sheet indicates maximum number of tandem breakers is zero. It has 30 slots and 30 circuits:

·
Registered
347 Posts
OK I have learned alot already. I found a photo of what it would look like although this photo is if the main was on the bottom. Mine is on top. It seems like the electrician would move all of the breakers on the right side down two slots so that the two available slots would be on top. The breakers for the generator would fill those two slots and the interlock switch would switch between those breakers and the main. I am sure this is straightforward for everyone on this forum, but new to me. If there are any gotcha's or anything I am missing, let me know. Thanks for your help.
You wouldn't need to move all of the breakers on one side down. Just move the two top circuits where the generator breaker will go down to the bottom. The two hot wires being moved need to be extended inside the panel using standard twist-on wire connectors and some matching gauge black or red wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts