Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post. I can't seem to find the answer to my questions elsewhere on the Internet yet.

I have a gas-powered 2300 psi, 2.5 GPM, pressure washer. In the manual, it says not to exceed 50 feet of hose for the water intake. My objective is to wash a vinyl fence that extends a couple of hundred feet to the back of my property and is approximately 100 feet wide.

What determines the maximum length the hose can be between the pump and the wand? Maximum pressure isn't a concern as too much pressure can damage the fence. Can 200 feet of 1/4 inch hose be added to the 50-foot hose already on the pressure washer? What if I increase the hose diameter to 3/8 inch? I know the more distance away from the source, the lower the pressure, but again, a reduction in pressure wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. It is to remove green algae and I can dispense a cleaning agent before rinsing.

Would that work or would that be putting a significant amount of stress on the pump? I'd like to place the pressure washer inside the fence and be able to move around the inside and outside without moving the pressure washer as much. If possible, with the hose be significantly heavier and more fatiguing?

·
Registered
218 Posts
This may help:
Or this:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts