Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our water pump for country house froze with recent winter storm. We found one pipe cracked and pump spewing water

Pump stopped once power to pump cut off. If we fix broken pipe will that fix the spewing water? We are waiting for a plumber to return call. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
trip out the breaker for the pump first!
i would look in to an insulated cover asap or build a pump house...
yea frozen pipes has been an issue every where this season!
look in to the pex style of hoses and fittings..
some of those will take more cold wx expansion than others!

hard to protect from power outages unless you have a generator...
then you can use a milk house heater in the pump house to keep it warmer...
if you have power.
if you are miles away from it there are alarms via cell phone system than can call you if the power is out or if you have a leak or if it is too cold.
unless it is too remote..
elon is working on the internet every where system..
it will be cool for remote areas of the world!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do understand. I had the same trouble last year. Extremely cold winter broke a lot of equipment. However, I don't have a husband who may fix it. I couldn't imagine that finding a good plumber would be so complicated. Few licensed plumbers provide a warranty on their work. My colleague, who also had plumbing problems, advised me WILCO PLUMBING service. I am so grateful for it. The pump has been fixed the same day. I haven't ever seen such perfect and fast service. Hopefully, that I have helped someone of you, as I know it is a widespread problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your feedback! It turned out to be a pressure relief valve that needed replacement

1 - 4 of 4 Posts