Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I am third party inspection engineer, here are some tips when you purchase centrifugal pump for industrial application such oil, gas, plant.
The best practice is to submit your inspection and test plan to your pump vendor with your purchase order. In this document you determine that in which test and inspection you want to attend to your vendor shop and witness the test.
The best practice is that you ask your pump vendor to submit you its quality control plan, this plan must meet your inspection and test plan.
the following are the points that a second party or a third party inspector must go to the pump manufacturer shop and witness the inspection and test.

• Raw material inspection
  • WP and PQR review
  • NDE procedure review
  • pump dimensional checking in different stage of construction
  • Casing Hydro-static testing
  • Performance test
  • Mechanical running test (if any)
  • strip down test (if any)
  • packing, marking and loading inspection
if you hired a third party inspection agency, then you can request to submit you the inspection release note or certificate of inspection.

I will be so happy to answer any question on this subject.
babak

·
Banned
21 Posts
Hi,
I am third party inspection engineer, here are some tips when you purchase centrifugal pump for industrial application such oil, gas, plant.
The best practice is to submit your inspection and test plan to your pump vendor with your purchase order. In this document you determine that in which test and inspection you want to attend to your vendor shop and witness the test.
The best practice is that you ask your pump vendor to submit you its quality control plan, this plan must meet your inspection and test plan.
the following are the points that a second party or a third party inspector must go to the pump manufacturer shop and witness the inspection and test.

• Raw material inspection
  • WP and PQR review
  • NDE procedure review
  • pump dimensional checking in different stage of construction
  • Casing Hydro-static testing
  • Performance test
  • Mechanical running test (if any)
  • strip down test (if any)
  • packing, marking and loading inspection
if you hired a third party inspection agency, then you can request to submit you the inspection release note or certificate of inspection.

I will be so happy to answer any question on this subject.
babak
Thanks for sharing such a useful information. :) Most of the people do not know these requirement when they purchase centrifugal pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts