Power Equipment Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
the spark plug wire?
I was wondering the same. Over the years I've noticed many of todays small engines dont offer much in regards to plug wire excess resulting in almost stretching the plug wire while removing the plug cap. Perhaps the cap has begun to pull away from the wire.
The on/off switch could be the culprit or possibly the low oil sensor has failed. Either can cause a no spark situation.
Also, can you confirm to us fuel is actually getting to the carb bowl by loosening and/or removing the bowl drain bolt.
Being new, does it have replacement warranty?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Pulsar 3500 was in its first time use when i happened to let it run out of gas while under load. Since, i have not been able to re-start the generator.
Does anyone have any tips/tricks or advice on how to get this running again?
I have seen plenty of ways to re-energize with a drill or 12v, however all instructions advise the generator must be running.
Note: I have primed the fuel line
I am pretty sure you are talking about an inverter generator. They never need their rotors re-magnetized, because they have permanent magnets, unlike conventional gens, which use electromagnet fields, which can require re-magnetizing. However, many modern conventional generators incorporate a small permanent magnet into their rotors, so there will always be enough magnetism to allow it to self-start without ever needing re-magnetized.
As for how to get the engine to start, I am not sure, since there could be two or three different things wrong. Does it have a spark? That's where I would start, because on my little Generac 2200i unit, it appears that the spark is made in an ignition coil that's not by the flywheel-so it's not a magneto. That must mean that the computer board actually fires the coil. If the board is fried, you won't get a spark. A number of bad things can happen when the voltage fluctuates as it runs out of gas. Computer boards don't like those kind of things. The higher-quality boards have protection built-in in case this happens. While shopping for gens, I found that Pulsar's 2200 watt inverter unit is a copy of Generac's 2200i. But it costs 200 bucks less. I wonder if they skimped on computer board protection. My Generac ran out of gas twice under load, and restarted fine. I am afraid you may have to get a new computer control board. Sorry to give you bad news, but do check for spark. If you don't have a spark, trace the plug wire and see if your unit has a magneto or if it's using a computer-fired coil.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How level is the unit ? Where is the oil on the dipstick ? Is it below the max full mark ? If so make sure that it's level & If your not at the max on the dipstick add a little oil till you get to the max line . Do you have a Known good motor there that runs if so pull one of its plugs & see if it sparks on the gen . I have seen bad plugs out of the box , but those were all Champion plugs . , but there is always a first time for a NGK . WHen you pull the plugs again after cleaning were they wet ? How did you clean the plugs ?
animal

21 - 24 of 24 Posts