Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pulsar 3500 was in its first time use when i happened to let it run out of gas while under load. Since, i have not been able to re-start the generator.
Does anyone have any tips/tricks or advice on how to get this running again?
I have seen plenty of ways to re-energize with a drill or 12v, however all instructions advise the generator must be running.
Note: I have primed the fuel line

·
Registered
926 Posts
Running out of gas shouldn't prevent a restart. Have you checked the oil level? Maybe it quit running due to low oil. If it has proper oil level, then check spark plug.

Yes, the engine has to be running before you can address any issues with the alternator. So, first things first...get the engine running.

·
Registered
574 Posts
In post 8 you said “yes it does”. Now you say above “not getting any spark “. 🤷 Does “replaced the spark plug “ mean that you’ve installed the old one or installed a new plug? And hopefully it is a correct NGK plug? You have to realize that we’re not there with you and can only make suggestions on what you describe to us. If the original spark plug was covered in soot … that indicates that you’re running it with the choke on. But in post 6 you said spark plug was good?! I’m thinking that this generator was run previously and improperly stored a long time with fuel in it. It seems to me that the carburetor has gummed up. But what do I know… Not the machines fault, but owner neglect. 😬

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In post 8 you said “yes it does”. Now you say above “not getting any spark “. 🤷 Does “replaced the spark plug “ mean that you’ve installed the old one or installed a new plug? And hopefully it is a correct NGK plug? You have to realize that we’re not there with you and can only make suggestions on what you describe to us. If the original spark plug was covered in soot … that indicates that you’re running it with the choke on. I’m thinking that this generator was run previously and improperly stored a long time with fuel in it. It seems to me that the carburetor has gummed up. But what do I know… Not the machines fault, but owner neglect. 😬
In post 8, it was sparking and covered in soot. I cleaned the spark plug and tried again, no spark. I replaced the spark plug entirely with same spec and again, still no spark.
This generator was run new, out of the box for 2hrs before it ran out of fuel and died while under load. There was no storing involved. This is not my first generator, but my first to have issues like this. I appreciate your input....

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
compression test first.
and check valves.
the black on the spark plug will short out a plug
try a new one.
use a lisle spark tester to verify the spark.
pm if you need tools links.

·
Registered
84 Posts
In post 8, it was sparking and covered in soot. I cleaned the spark plug and tried again, no spark. I replaced the spark plug entirely with same spec and again, still no spark.
This generator was run new, out of the box for 2hrs before it ran out of fuel and died while under load. There was no storing involved. This is not my first generator, but my first to have issues like this. I appreciate your input....
It sparked until you removed the original plug. Is it possible that while doing this, something broke on the spark plug wire? That seems to be where you lost the spark.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts