Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I hope there are people in here that know more about pressure washers than me. I have a Troy Bilt model 020296 pressure washer with a Honda motor. a few weeks ago the pressure quit on me. With the water on and motor off, it will spray out of the wand lightly as normal. when I start the motor and pull the trigger the water stops completely, not the motor, just no spray from wand. I pulled the pump off the bottom and replaced everything that could be changed, the valves, unloader, Thermal valve, EZ start, chemical injector, and after reassembly, it does the same thing, water shuts off when trigger is pulled. With the pump off and the motor running, the 3 pistons are moving fine. What am I missing? The only thing I can think is maybe if the water outlet is removed there is something else in there that needs to be replaced, but it was never shown as a part that needs replacing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll get a video when I can. Here's the scenario. Hook up water and turn it on. Water sprays out where wand connects. Crank engine and water still sprays out but the same, no pressure increase. With the wand hooked up and engine started, the pressure shuts off completely. I have replaced every part in the pump with new parts. Th only other thing I could think was the piston housing, but with the pump off and engine running the pistons seem to be working fine.

·
Registered
208 Posts
well, right. I wouldn't think so either. Can you post a video? I'm having trouble visualizing. Also, I'm not the most knowledgeable about the pumps, just know a little from using and modifying one. Somebody else might pop-in here..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts