Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attaching a picture of a hanging part.For the last three years I have religiously adhered to maintenance of my generator. It has always cranked right up and I put loads on it. It has never been used for any purposes other than regular testing. I do this about every 2-3 months. I went out today to run the test and it would not start. It took me a minute but I noticed a small stream of gas when I turn the gas valve to the run position. Then I noticed this part hanging down. It doesn't screw-catch but fits perfectly to the part above it. I am not sure how to make it stay put as there are no set screws either. Can someone tell me what this is? I am sure gas must run through it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That would be the carb bowl. They usually thread into the piece that is sticking down in the middle of the white plastic float that is hanging.Can't tell from the picture what is possibly wrong with the threads.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
lol, dont see that everyday. Most generators today have a fuel shut off solenoid on the bottom of the bowl screw. Typically a couple Phillips screws. Once removed the bolt that screws through the bowl into the base of the carb is exposed. It’s hard to tell but it looks like a heavy distorted brass bolt.

Is it even possible that the material of the bolt is junky and ethanol gas ate it up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be the carb bowl. They usually thread into the piece that is sticking down in the middle of the white plastic float that is hanging.Can't tell from the picture what is possibly wrong with the threads.
I took the bowl off and it looks like the pin or screw has been sheared or torqued off. I may have expected too much from wherever this unit is made, but now I have to find the part from somewhere. Thanks for your help!
BoyScout

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the bowl off and it looks like the pin or screw has been sheared or torqued off. I may have expected too much from wherever this unit is made, but now I have to find the part from somewhere. Thanks for your help!
BoyScout

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
amen dr!
yup new carb time!
also switch to non ethanol fuel and use fuel stabilizer
Thanks!
I currently add fuel stabilizer but I guess I was misinformed about the ethanol fuel. I thought it only caused issues in marine products due to the plastic used. I ordered a carburetor bottom bolt for $18. Will try that before replacing carburetor.
Thanks for all the responses!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts