Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to the site. I have a predator invertor that I've had no problems with. But 2 weeks ago it was running about 30 min and quit. I drained the carb twice. It fired up and ran the rest of the night with no problems. I went to use it last night and it would not run. I took the carb off and cleaned it twice. It will now only run with the choke on. It will run about a min with choke on and die. It won't even try to run without the choke on. I took the spark arrestor off because it was clogged and I unhooked the low oil sensor. I read those 2 things can cause the problem I'm having. I'm wondering what to do next. Is there a chance a new carb will fix it. It Sat in my boat during some pretty bad rain storms this last week so I thought maybe it got a water in the fuel. But I've drained the tank and cleaned the carb twice so I'm put of ideas

·
Registered
122 Posts
I suspect something is clogged in the carb.
Can you describe in more detail what you did when you cleaned the carb?
Is there a fuel filter installed?
Have you taken a fuel sample from the carb fuel inlet hose and looked for debris?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took tore the carb apart as far as I could. I took the main jet out the needle and seat. I also the low side idle plastic plug out. I sprayed everything with carb cleaner. I cleaned the carb as best as I could as far as I can tell

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It takes very little to upset the carb. It's mostly the tiny orifices on the main and idle jets along with the emulsifier tube. The holes in there are so fine that a piece of dirt is like a boulder.

Make sure you can see light through all the holes. You may need a very fine wire to poke through them. Carb cleaners can only so so much. It also helps to run the carb through an ultrasonic cleaner, if available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts