Power Equipment Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I've got a similar issue that I'm I'm trying to figure out. My display is working. However, it's showing strange numbers. Under load of running the small camper A/C it's showing 22V, 3.3A, 23VA and 30 hours. Is part of the LCD out? I've mashed around on the screen and nada. I'm willing to bet the left side of the LCD may be dead. How can that happen though? This darn thing only has 30 hours!
how old is the unit??
think warranty!
yea most guys are replacing the display part...
i am not a HF freight fan on the electrical stuff...
some of the impact sockets are pretty good...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I still have not received my part (ordered in May). HF just tells me it's on backorder. But with the ongoing microchip issue, I guess it could be a while.

·
Registered
7 Posts
how old is the unit??
think warranty!
yea most guys are replacing the display part...
i am not a HF freight fan on the electrical stuff...
some of the impact sockets are pretty good...
I still have not received my part (ordered in May). HF just tells me it's on backorder. But with the ongoing microchip issue, I guess it could be a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
definitely out of warranty. Tore it open and don’t see anything visibly burned up or shorted. Guess I’ll look into another display. Can get an external compound gauge on Amazon for a fraction of the price tho.

·
Registered
5 Posts
try cleaning the pad from the ckt board to the lcd glass
It’s not your traditional lcd with the pad, there are leads along the top and bottom of the screen and are physically soldered to the board. Found a broken tracer, soldered and fixed it! Have all my digits back. Ordered a new peacock that isn’t sealing and I need a new needle valve since it’s not sealing either. Guess I’ll upgrade the plug as everyone is recommending as well.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
cool!
yea check all of the connections for sure!
use good kester 60/40 solder.
pm if you need links to good PCB rework tools and items...
and a magnifier light sure helps to be able to see the small cold joints or breaks.

larger external fuel tanks and tri fuel is a good mod for any gen set as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
cool!
yea check all of the connections for sure!
use good kester 60/40 solder.
pm if you need links to good PCB rework tools and items...
and a magnifier light sure helps to be able to see the small cold joints or breaks.

larger external fuel tanks and tri fuel is a good mod for any gen set as well.
Thanks a bunch. I ended up using my iPhone magnifier mounted on my soldering/magnifier jig with a teeny tiny pencil tip iron. Worked perfectly. Bought this thing used with what I thought was 30 hours... it now has 530 hours! ugh! Not sure if someone was cleaver enough to open this thing up and scratch the tracer lead to that particular LCD digit or what. really clean and oil is perfect. oh well. it was a good deal and I'll make it last.

The issue now is that I can't seem to find a carb kit or at least a needle valve. Leaking everywhere. I added an inline filter and a temporary fuel cut off, but I hafta open the side to cut it off. The new petcock will hopefully be here soon. Any idea where I can get a new needle and what is a good upgrade spark plug that I've been hearing about?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
if you are on NG or LP the iridium works best.
but for gasoline the copper NGK is the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts