Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor gave away a PowerStroke PW with PW24/2.3L pump.
When I turn it on, murky water spouts out from the vent oil filler cap like below. Water rises higher when running at high trottle.
Can anyone tell me what is causing the issue and how to fix?

Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Plunger seals are gone and high pressure water in now forced back into the wobble plate and displacing the pump oil. That murky mess is rust water for sure. Only time before it is seized. And finding parts/seals for that os gonna be a fun time for sure, but if and when you do the job to complete the repair really isnt that much work. Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plunger seals are gone and high pressure water in now forced back into the wobble plate and displacing the pump oil. That murky mess is rust water for sure. Only time before it is seized. And finding parts/seals for that os gonna be a fun time for sure, but if and when you do the job to complete the repair really isnt that much work. Good luck
Thanks for the tip. I have never opened one before but better to give it a try before I ditch it. Is the parts hard because they don't produce these any more? Any hints/pointers on where to start searching for part? Thanks again for the tip!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you know the model number of the machine? Its probably a Annovi Reverberi pump, but may be different. Your best bet it to just completley replace the pump with a new one for $100

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just noticed the sticker on the pump in your picture. Can you take a picture of that and post it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Actually just screen shot the photo and flipped it, I was able to read the sticker. Here i believe is the exact replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the recommendation. I did go ahead and opened up the pump. The o-ring seals were okay, but there was a crack where the piston is held.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Man that pump is trashed. At least it is a cheap replacement. Make sure you change the pump oil and winterize the pump in the winter or when you put it away for the season

1 - 8 of 8 Posts