Power Equipment Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No caps, looked at the Schematics and took it appart, nothing that resembles a Capacitior was found.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I did the 12 V Battery but used 18 Gauge Wires. Got a lamp with 100W incandescent light bulb. Got the light to glow to about 10~20% of a 100W should. The lamp was connected to the Gen on one of the 110V Outlets. Cannot get the gen to produce power. Do I need a bigger gauge wire like a 10 to get more Amps into the rotor?

Do I have to do the flash with the Gen Off or On? Some instructions calls for running the gen, other does not say. Also, disconnected the VAR and one time left the 4 wires plug and off the brushes.

Still no power out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Well, did all sorts of tricks. Drill Motor, 12V battery flash, no dice... I think the Gen is Toast. I am guessing, the Rotor. Would like to try a new Rotor, I am pretty much sure is the problem. The L1/L2, R1/R2 has the same Voltage, R1/L1 is 0. However, if the Rotor is juiced with a 12V Battery a 100 W bulb start to glow but not at 100% of its illumination. Take the power off, the Bulb dies.

I am betting on the Rotor and not the Stator.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts