Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pour you a beer, glass of scotch, a gin and tonic, sweet tea or just plain water, and tell a little about why you got on here

Me, just another site to keep up with my toys and drool at other people toys, and of couse make some new friends along the way

im 26 y/o (going on 27) live on the eastern shore of mobile bay, about 20 miles as the crow flys from the gulf, love old cars, and old power equipment. i drive for a living

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
i'll be 28 on the first born and raised up here in ohio and i'm a mechanic with small pay i'm also a member over on mtf but there i'm amf1414

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I'm 35, live in the skinniest part of the eastern pan-handle of WV. I growed up in the south (very south) central part of PA, right on the mason-dixon line. I've done/do alittle bit of everything, I have my own business that I started three years ago, I do welding and fabrication and small engine repair. But as this is growing, I also do home construction & remodeling, tree removal and dabble in lawn care. What ever I can do to put the bread on the table.:D

I joined here because I'm always learning and not affraid to help with the little knowledge I have.;) I too got here from my current favorite site MTF. But it sure is gettin crowded over there.:rolleyes:

I like pictures, so here's a few of some current deck and additions that i'm working on. PICT0045.JPG

PICT0054.JPG

006.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am 17 and is a member on MTF and MLMF. I like working on my equipment and using them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi I'm 56 and live in Alabama . I am also a member on MTF and lawnmower forum . Love using these forums to learn and meet other people who love to play around with outdoor tools and sit around drinkin a beer and chatting .

·
Registered
478 Posts
I am 56, live in Kansas, Rock Chalk, grew up in southern Indiana. Mod on MTF and belong to MLMF. Just want to get a view of more tools that might not get posted on the other 2 Forums. Newest Tool for me is a Brush Grubber. Not a Power Tool but works really slick!

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i seen the grabber in the northern catalog, looks like a pallet grabber they use to drag pallets out to the back of the trailer when place dont have a dock and u dont have a pallet jack

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am 56, live in Kansas, Rock Chalk, grew up in southern Indiana. Mod on MTF and belong to MLMF. Just want to get a view of more tools that might not get posted on the other 2 Forums. Newest Tool for me is a Brush Grubber. Not a Power Tool but works really slick!
Hey Sonny, that looks a lot like a cable puller. When I worked for the phone company, the lineman used something similar to stretch a phone cable between poles.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I've seen those in northern and baileys. How far does the jaws open?

It does require " POWER" to operate, so you're good!:D

I made one using a 4' chain welded to a piece of 3" pipe. Choke the chain around tree and through the pipe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guess I am at the point of expanding my horizons. Some of you know already that I'm a veteran moderator at MTF and when this forum was pointed out there, I felt it worth looking at as I do like to work with my outdoor power equipment. Not real knowledgeable about things like my weedeater, chainsaw and pressure washer, so what better place to join in and glean some expertise from those in the know :).

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've seen those in northern and baileys. How far does the jaws open?

It does require " POWER" to operate, so you're good!:D

I made one using a 4' chain welded to a piece of 3" pipe. Choke the chain around tree and through the pipe.
It opens 3-4 inch's for sure. Would have to get the Frontier to pull something that big tho. :eek:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've been working for Honda (generators, outboards, etc.) for 20 years, and it's my job to hang out on sites like this and help when I can. So, any Honda-related questions, fire away.

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've been working for Honda (generators, outboards, etc.) for 20 years, and it's my job to hang out on sites like this and help when I can. So, any Honda-related questions, fire away.

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

Glad to have you Robert! I am sure you can be of great help!

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey nice to see this thred going again, altho i wish i was still 26, LOL i turn 28 Monday, and my freinds are giving me heck as most of them are 26

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Welcome to pef robert. Jaon I know how you feel about the age thing I'm 29 now hard to believe the site has been here for a year but very glad that all of our great members are here to enjoy it with us and we are all learning from and helping eachother.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Welcome to pef robert. Jaon I know how you feel about the age thing I'm 29 now hard to believe the site has been here for a year but very glad that all of our great members are here to enjoy it with us and we are all learning from and helping eachother.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts