Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for general home / yard use. thinking of ego brand. Pros & cons? also will be buying an electric lawn mower that would use the same battery...

thanks,

jim

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had an opportunity to test a 2016 model year Echo cordless alongside my Echo 280 (2 hp) gas saw.
The cordless electric was impressive. It was neck & neck for power in the cut. And the battery lasted long enough to be useful.
That particular Echo cordless had a couple frustrating issues, but it was also an early model version. I would expect current models to be even better.
My thoughts are that for a homeowner who has general yard work in mind... these cordless saws make a compelling solution.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree that the cordless chain saw is a viable, real option for a gas saw in the 2 hp size.

Did the battery come as part of a kit, or was it separate? What amp hour size, and what was the price?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just an idea that may or may not be helpful depending on your use case. I considered a cordless chainsaw at one time, but got a reciprocating saw instead. With pruning blades, it makes short work of the light/medium pruning I do, and it's a lot more useful for other things than a chainsaw is. Uses the same batteries as my drill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recommend a battery powered chain saw. Make 2 cuts per limb. The first cut is 1 foot from the trunk. The second cut is at the trunk. The weight of the 1 foot section is not large enough to tear the 1 foot limb from the trunk before the cut is complete.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I recently tested a Milwaukee 18v saw.

Worked great no complaints. It’s only 18v but the battery pack will work on my 5 other Milwaukee M18 cordless tools.

I’d like to try out the m18 hedge trimmer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
A buddy of mine has been slowly converting to cordless (LiON type) for all his power tools including mower, trimmer, etc.
At first I was skeptical, me being a hardcore power junkie. But I now admit that, at least for homeowner purposes up to 2hp or so...it plain works, makes sense, and seems to be the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts