Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I found a compressor and I don't know how to use it.

if I turn it on I hear a litle Beeeep but not loud.. and its not compressing air...
I can't see any buttons to turn it on..

could you help me?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
123 Posts
Will the motor turn by hand vs it or the compressor is frozen? You might have to disconnect them to prove this. If they turn w/o too much resistance you might continue with the following. I’ll attach a pic that shows starter relay contacts. Please share your result of what you find.

1. Look close at the black box by the psi gauge, it appears to be a pressure switch that shut off the compressor at a set psi. Some will have a manual switch on it also.

2. Look for a reset button on the motor that might need pressing to reset the power.

3. Listen for a click on the end of the motor to no you starter relay is kicking in to give you extra starting power from the black starting capacitor sitting on the motor. Check the contacts at the end of the motor for good clean surface to make good clean contact. Have the starting capacitor checked at you local electrical motor shop or ask an Air Condition Tech to check it.

4. Look inside the pressure switch to see if contacts are clean in there. Bypass the pressure switch and run AC straight to the motor to see if the motor runs.

5. Do you have a friend that is an experienced electrician? He could save you lots of time and know what is safe to do in this matter.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is “Heavy Duty Looking” and has strange fittings to be an air compressor. Please show a few more Pics from different angles and any documenting it is an air compressor.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
It almost looks like a shallow well pump more than it looks like an air compressor.

On edit it is a well pump I had to think about it for a few minutes but its a shallow well pump sitting on a pressure tank. Judging by the plumbing on it someone may have set it up to run an irrigation system off of their well. The beeping that the op heard I'm guessing is the sound of the pump attempting to prime itself.
Had I not just installed a new well pump for my aunt I wouldn't have recognized what it was

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks ppl..
I'll go to my aunts and try to open it and look if it is frozen or so.

I'll post more when I found some more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts