Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has ever been asked.
I have a Hyundai p1pe p4000i pure sinewave petrol generator, it's the badge engineered model with various 'manufacturers' It has a dedicated parallel port.
The generator will output a peak of 3800watts at 230v, this is okay for light welding with an inverter welder, but I'm looking at options to increase my amp output from my works van.
Can I use a 1500watt pure sinwave inverter powered by a dedicated battery (charged up by the van) feed the 230v ac power into the parallel port of the hyundai as a top up when needed, I don't have room for another genny but can find the room for the inverter and a leisure battery.
The inverter will be the master in this scenario, is this possible?
Cheers
Darren (uk based)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
well the other way around works.
battery inverter system with enough power to run the welder.
make sure the battery inverters are the expandable style where you can run them in parallel.
then use the generator to charge the batteries.

most of the time it is cheaper to buy a gasoline welder setup.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I watched a video a While back where a guy paralleled an inverter generator with a standard inverter. Seemed to work fine. Id imagine that the generator should added second in the circuit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I need to clarify further, welder generators come in around £1500 for a commercially rated one, these are used on our other vans. My setup requires me to carry a pure sinewave generator for delicate equipment, I also carry out a lot of welding, now the Hyundai just about does the job for the little inverter welder that I carry, but the genny can't give me enough juice for the heavier welding, I was not aware that inverter generators were able to top up power output with a partnered inverter generator, so I was just thinking, can I use a pure sinewave inverter as the master for the genny to sync to and use the increased output to juice up the welder. I don't have room for another generator, and the Hyundai is the biggest I can fit in the van without sacrificing prescious space for carrying other things in my small mobile workshop.
I would love to see the video of the guy paralleling the two items
cheers
Darren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts