Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dropped my compressor while unloading it. the cast iron flywheel shattered... any used sources?
all advice accepted.
throw it away?
put a harbor freight pump on it?
5 hp 1750 rpm 230 volt. single phase. it ran and pumped great untill i dropped it of thr ramp getting it off the trailer.
Jaw Sculpture Gas Statue Engineering
Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire Car
Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire Car

· Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the forum marty68!
the cast iron flywheel shattered
Man, thats too bad, hopefully no one was hurt with the tumble.
I did some searching, best I could come up with. These guys do seem to offer alot of help and parts for a Curtis.
or
I'm not sure but by description (above link) it sounds like this pulley may only be a 2 belt.
any used sources?
Perhaps put a 'Wanted' ad out on craigslist or try ebay.

Good luck!

· Registered
455 Posts
mine looks to be 1.25 bore
found model # 95 69 - 11606
Can you find a part number anywhere on the busted pulley? That along with the model number and shaft/bore dia should be enough for them to find the pulley you need.
Going by their homepage they come across as very helpful, might prove to be worth the call.
If your part number is not listed please call: 773.523.8200
Keep us updated.

· Registered
566 Posts
marty68,

That's really a shame, I would do whatever it takes to find a solution, getting a hold of the original part or even machining a comparable part found to make it work. A harbor freight pump will not last 60 years like this Curtis will if it's maintained properly. With patience and persistance along with a few phone calls hopefully someone will help you out, good luck! 2 grooves should be good enough, just hope the crank isn't damaged or bent out of alignment.

Stephen

i dropped my compressor while unloading it. the cast iron flywheel shattered... any used sources?
all advice accepted.
throw it away?
put a harbor freight pump on it?
5 hp 1750 rpm 230 volt. single phase. it ran and pumped great untill i dropped it of thr ramp getting it off the trailer. View attachment 13553 View attachment 13554 View attachment 13554

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what is this.. and is one available? it also did not survive.. it is attached to the cylonder head 1/2 npt nipple 1" copper to other cyl and somethisng ?presure relief valve? pionting up is broken off
Finger Thumb Fluid Plumbing Gas

· Registered
455 Posts
presure relief valve?
Looks more like a safety valve to me. If you find an outlet that stocks a new pulley I would think they could also supply you with a replacement valve. (You may need the elbow adapter as well if you cant remove/unthread the broken section)
It could just be the lighting in the pic, but by the looks of the inside of that broken section, it 'may' be clogged? Can you stick a stiff piece of wire freely thru the elbow?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks more like a safety valve to me. If you find an outlet that stocks a new pulley I would think they could also supply you with a replacement valve. (You may need the elbow adapter as well if you cant remove/unthread the broken section)
It could just be the lighting in the pic, but by the looks of the inside of that broken section, it 'may' be clogged? Can you stick a stiff piece of wire freely thru the elbow?
there is a compressor repair shop in town i will be stopping there today with it in hand. i would believe i can drill and easy out the brass out of there... even if i have to heat it.

· Registered
29 Posts
there is a compressor repair shop in town i will be stopping there today with it in hand. i would believe i can drill and easy out the brass out of there... even if i have to heat it.
that broken piece will come right out with an EZ out. dont drill it. flywheel ? correct bore size, aprox diameter, and what the spacing from the shaft so the belts line up. a wheel is a wheel. make sure the fins are correct to blow air across the head. a clapped out junk compressor on facebook with the right wheel is all you need. scrap the rest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts