Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone can answer my question. I have a Central Pneumatic compressor that Harbor Freight no longer has parts for. The oil scrap ring is broken and I would like to know how important this is to the pump function. The compression rings are still good. I also have to rebuild the flapper gasket but I was planning to do that with head gasket material. Here are a few photos of the oil scrap ring.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The oil scraper ring is very important if you want the pump to work without using oil and then getting stuck from lack of oil. Roger

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So based on what you see the ring then needs to be replaced? I have contacted the manufacture, in China, to help with souring the part. I really would hate to trash this compressor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guy, any ideas on where I can turn for a new ring. I am not getting anything from the manufacture in China.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Find out the size of the piston and buy a copy of Gas Engine Magazine. There is a company the sells rings in about any size possible.In the 1960s for example I worked for a air compressor manufacturer and our pumps used pistons that came from Briggs and were used in Briggs lawn mower engines. If I can find a phone number for the GEM advertiser I will post it. Roger

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great Roger, Thank you all for the information. I will be contacting Starbolt on Monday and hopefully they will have the ring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts