Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum and my issue is this. I bought 2 2300/1800 watt inverter generators to run my 5th wheel in parallel to replace the 2 2000/1600 watts that I had. They are the same manufacturer ipower. The 2000’s I had before would run the ac in my trailer fine but the 2300’s won’t kick it over. They both have an active voltage meter on them so I know voltage is good but they kick into safety mode as soon as I turn the ac on. Is there a way to test and make sure that they are putting out the wattage they are advertised to be making? I’m assuming one of them is slacking off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
best is to add an soft start to the ac system
click here for the 2200i accy page with easy start soft start unit.
you will need one for each ac unit if your rv has several air con units.
our Iowa state fair folks swear by them!
i have them also on the home air con units!!
they work well!!
Iowagold I appreciate the reply I just don’t understand how I was able to run the unit charge my batteries and lights with two smaller generators. My new generators have 600 more starting watts than the old ones did and they’re the same brand. Makes me think one of them isn’t performing properly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I just ran them both with a 1500 watt oil heater and they both run just fine almost filled the load meter to the top though. Makes me think there’s an issue with the parallel capability? Not sure how accurate that is though cause when I tested them paralleled together with the heater after they showed they had the load distributed between them

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
well it is a low cost chonda.. (cheap china honda clone)
some clones are better than others...

so do not count on the i power brand inverter gen to put out the good power you need...
most of those are way over rated on the output.

if you have a good gen shop close to you have them put them on the load bank and run them up for a good test...
i bet you will find they do not sack up to the real Honda eu series of gen set..

in gens there is no free lunch..
you do get what you pay for..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts