Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this edger up last night for free.
Does not run yet. Has compression but needs a new primer bulb.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't go wrong on something you get for free! Hopefully you can get it fixed without too much trouble.:)
I don't think it will be that hard getting it going. When I prime it, gas shoots out the primer bulb, so I think thats the problem. The good news is the tank was bone dry when I checked it before fueling.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the primer bulb is shot, then i would also think about new fuel lines. :eek:
Free is good!
I was thinking the same thing. I want to get the carb off soon and check every thing out. I hope I can get this thing going soon even though I don't have any sidewalks to use it on.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
maybe i'll get lucky and start finding some decent freebies that i can toss a few dollars at and if its something i really don't need sell it for a profit. but congrats on the find

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The plan for this thing so far is to clean or rebuild the carb and replace the primer bulb and fuel lines. This is the first freebie I have gotten in a while. I might end up selling it when I am done but I get attached to equipment so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
39 Posts
btw those tires on your J.Deere rider. ??? I love it though!! If I had those when I was kid I prob wouldn't have had my dad come find me stuck in the woods on the ol simplicity.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
btw those tires on your J.Deere rider. ??? I love it though!! If I had those when I was kid I prob wouldn't have had my dad come find me stuck in the woods on the ol simplicity.
The tires are Carlisle HD Feld-Trax 24x12x12NHS.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahahahaha

they can last if you take care of them, and make the carbs adjustable

i havent seen a weed eater push edger in YEARS tho nice find
I hope I can get some use out of it. Don't have any side walks to use it on so it might last a long time.:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts