Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have a Hitachi CG22EASSLP 21cc Gas Straight Shaft String Trimmer

Hitachi Stroke Gas Powered Straight Shaft Grass Trimmer | Best Weed Wacker - Reviews and Buying Guide

its a great trimmer and very economic on fuel , but the bump head has already the wear out mark faded-scratched out :/ so acording to the manual the bump head should be replaced , so would like to know if any of you have this trimmer and if so what other trimer heads have you used that is better than the stock one it came with , because the bump button some times gets stuck :/ and have to pull the line out by hand , so which would you recomend me for this type of trimmer ?

by the way i use .95 crafstman orange 6 point line and its great cutting all type of grass , was considering echo cross fire but read many mixed reviews about it :/ but looking at kmart saw a cyclone brand pointed line

Cyclone™ 50 ft. .095” Diameter Trimming Line - Lawn & Garden - Trimmers & Edgers - Trimmer Parts & Accessories

has any one used it ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
trimmer head

I replaced the head on my old Homelite with a Shindaiwa Speed Feed universal head. Very easy to load and works better than any other head I have used in the past. I also have a Stihl trimmer that I will use a Shindaiwa head the next time I need to replace that one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been using a ECHO Rapid Feed on my ECHO for the last 5 or 6 years. It will fit on your Hitachi. And you can use many different kinds of lines on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've used many different ones, and the one I like best is the Troy Bilt 796-00072. Not sure yet what the threads are but I'll pick one up if it fits one of my machines.

More on this trimmer head at 5:35 of this video

1 - 4 of 4 Posts