Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Perhaps if you examine the generator/engine combination closer you will find an engine identification. The parts you seak are actually engine related, not generator. I know these units were built and sold under ProPower, TQ to mention a few, but what powered them is the question.

· Registered
15 Posts
Actually it is quite common to refer to the entire unit (engine & alternator) as a "generator" or a genset.
You are so correct, so many refer to lawntractors, lawnmowers, rototillers and such as a "-----", however over the years I have also learned that some gen set manufacturers (lets use powermate) as an example have different sources for their engines. Sometimes you get lucky with a gen set model number, and sometimes all that shows is the actual generator unit.
Then we get into the smaller bulk produced units, that sold with many different "Private lables". Sometimes a Honda (after all most are Honda knock offs) engine part or gasket will fit.
The more info that we can find, the easier the andswer might be.
btw, I do small engine repair as a part time "gig" to help pay the bills, thus have done this "search gasket/carb thing" to many times to admit.

· Registered
1,653 Posts
If my Google-foo didn't fail me, that's a UST GG2300 generator or some slightly different variant. The specs indicates that it uses a 5.5HP, 163cc engine. The casting marks on the cylinder fins makes me believe it's a B&S 163cc clone.

Anyway, you can get the gasket kit from here: Gaskets Set 37500688

All other parts specific to the GG2300 are available here: UST GG2300 - Parts and Spares - Generator Guru

· Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the forum Corygeertgens!

Should you be unable to find/purchase the exact gasket(s) you need, a viable option is to make it yourself. Simply run down to your local auto parts shop and ask for a sheet of fibrous gasket material, (thick paper like for an easier term). The sheet material is usually available in different sizes and thickness, the Fel-Pro brand comes to mind. Going by your pics I'd estimate the gasket already in place is .020" thick, but you really should use some calipers to ensure the thickness.
Sounds like alot of work but it's not too bad, more tedious than what I would consider hard. Tools required are a pencil, pen and or a marker, sharp scissors, a small and very sharp utility knife and a hole punch (possibly 2). The hole punches arent a requirement but will make it easier and more exact.
Like said, a viable option. Should you go this route, make your holes after you outline the gasket and before cutting gasket out of the sheet.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it's ust
Thanks for the help
Hi I have this generator trying to identify the gasket that's blown out, if somebody could let me know so I can order a new one, I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks. View attachment 13569
View attachment 13567
I've changed the gaskets on smaller engines like little 80cc chainsaw motors and have used the gasket material so I know a little just needed help identifying that, I think it's the crank case gasket or something like that, I looked at the diagram for it but it wasn't much help, but anyway I decided to just not order it and go get a roll of gasket material from the parts store and make one myself like sledman said
Hi I have this generator trying to identify the gasket that's blown out, if somebody could let me know so I can order a new one, I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks. View attachment 13569
View attachment 13567
View attachment 13568
I've changed the gaskets on smaller engines like little 80cc chainsaw motors and have used the gasket material so I know a little just needed help identifying that, I think it's the crank case gasket or something like that, I looked at the diagram for it but it wasn't much help, but anyway I decided to just not order it and go get a roll of gasket material from the parts store and make one myself like sledman8002002 said, I got all the tools to do it so why not

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've changed the gaskets on smaller engines like little 80cc chainsaw motors and have used the gasket material so I know a little just needed help identifying that, I think it's the crank case gasket or something like that, I looked at the diagram for it but it wasn't much help, but anyway I decided to just not order it and go get a roll of gasket material from the parts store and make one myself like sledman said, I got all the tools to do it so why not. thank you all for the help.

· Registered
455 Posts
I've changed the gaskets on smaller engines like little 80cc chainsaw motors and have used the gasket material so I know a little
Good, so you already know the basics.👍
get a roll of gasket material from the parts store
If you dont have a set of calipers, simply cut/trim a section of the excess original gasket to take with you so they can positively match the gasket material as well as proper thickness.

· Registered
15 Posts
I've changed the gaskets on smaller engines like little 80cc chainsaw motors and have used the gasket material so I know a little just needed help identifying that, I think it's the crank case gasket or something like that, I looked at the diagram for it but it wasn't much help, but anyway I decided to just not order it and go get a roll of gasket material from the parts store and make one myself like sledman said, I got all the tools to do it so why not. thank you all for the help.
when you get your gasket material, take a piece of the old gasket with you to endure the material is such that when crushed by the mating surfaces it will give you the same thickness, as some manufactures actually include the gasket thickness in internal tolerances.
This is why gaskets are important, and silicone is not always recommended.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts